Prepare Your Roof for Hurricane Season
As Florida residents, we are no strangers to hurricanes. Over the past few years, we have experienced some high intensity storms that showed no mercy to homes with faulty roofs. The Atlantic hurricane season begins June 1st and ends November 30th so it is important that you prepare your roof for the hurricane season.
A Boynton Beach roofer is always available to help you prepare your roof. However, if you are able; there are some steps you can take to ensure that your roof is hurricane-ready. Some of these simple steps include:
• Buckled, loose, damaged, or missing shingles should be replaced. A Boynton Beach roof repair service has the equipment and expertise to handle this type of job safely and efficiently.
• Check to see that all nails are fully hammered in and there are no loose materials, staples, or nails
• Ensure that all leaks are addressed and there are no loose materials or structures on the underside of the roof
• Ensure that any cables or wires that or on or near the roof are securely fastened
• Gutters and downspouts should be clean and free of all debris
• Prune trees to ensure that branches are not near the roof
• Ensure that flashing is properly secured
• All gutters should be securely fastened
If you are ever in doubt about what to do or how to do it with regards to hurricane-proofing your roof; call on the professional skills of a Boynton Beach roof contractor. They can locate problems that you might not notice and make the necessary recommendations.